adapted from Ottolenghi: The Cookbook. The original version of this recipe can be seen at this link.
- 1 lb. firm tofu, cut into 1/2″ cubes
- 6 tbsp. tamari
- 8 tbsp. garlic chilli sauce
- 4 tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 bunches broccolini or rapini, coarsely choppe
- 1 tbsp. sesame seed
- 1 tbsp. peanut oil
- 3 tbsp. cilantro
- Marinate the tofu in a mix of the tamari, chili paste, and sesame oil.
- Blanch the broccolini for 2 minutes. Drain and run at once under a cold tap to stop further cooking.
- Toast the sesame seeds over a medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Lift the tofu from the marinade and fry the pieces in a wok until they are lightly browned on all sides.
- Add the remaining marinade to the pan, plus the cooked broccolini. Stir gently together.
- Remove from heat, stir in the cilantro and sesame seed, and allow to come to room temperature before serving.