a hybrid modification of two recipes from Ottolenghi: The Cookbook
- 1 lb. green beans, trimmed and cut in half
- 1 lb. very thin asparagus, trimmed and cut in half
- 2.5 oz. hazelnuts, whole or pieces & 2.5 oz. thin sliced almonds, toasted in oven
- zest of one orange
- 1 oz. chives, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds, preferably black, lightly toasted
- 2 tbsp. fresh tarragon or sage leaves
- 3 tbsp. hazelnut oil
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- Blanch green beans and asparagus. Immediately douse in cold water.
- Combine remaining ingredients in salad bowl. Mix in beans and asparagus.
- Add coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.